Have a look inside my tour bag! AND how to get free pants :)
I am shit at packing as you will soon see. But if you are heading off on tour and don't know what the fuck to bring have a wee read!
Okay so we are away for 30 days playing 24 gigs. I have some set outfits for the tour, I am a 'black jeans go with everything' kinda girl. The truth is I find it hard to give much of a fuck about fashion. If anyone knows me personally they know that I am an addidas tracksuit person. It's probably due to having two big brothers and wearing all their hand me downs...
Okay, my tour bag...excited?
First, and most important!
- My keys, a Roland Juno Di.
- keyboard stand
- 2 x mic stands
- My SM58 mic
- A bunch of cables (2 XLRs 3 Jack leads)
We bring a lovely big old vintage suitcase on tour with us. It is packed full of our CDs, and we usually only have CDs on tour, Anna has some tote bags but we make most of our money through CD sales. The box is prettiefied with lovely fairylights and big beautiful piece of fabric. Attention drawing...it says 'PLEASE BUY OUR CDS COS WE IS PURE DEAD POOR AND NEED SOME MUNS MAN" Not literally.
I try to keep everyday wear to a minimal (Addidas tracksuit X 1 THANK YOU!). Prioritise the gig wear, you'll be getting photographed in it enough times!
- Joggies, one pair - my must have for driving. I channel my inner chav where ever i go - you know that
- Trainers, one pair - Running trainer to be precise. I am going to try, like I do every year, and get some runs in on tour this year...let's see!
- Boots, one pair - these are for on stage and if it rains. Double up!
- Jumper - because I have a FEAR of being too cold. An actual fear, and it makes me angry. First world major problems.
- Sandshoes, one pair, for kicking around in
- 2 x jeans, black - I can wear these on and off stage (goes with everything)
- Jammies (PJs. You NEED to bring them on tour)
- 10 days of pants and socks. It's the ten day laundry gauntlet. It keep me on my toes (and sometimes commando)
- Steam Inhaler - this thing is a game changer, I love it! Steam your voice anywhere you can get some boiling water. A must for all singers man.
- Eye mask and ear plugs (foam)
- Ear plugs - for on stage, even though we are essentially acoustic, long periods of time of just a little bit higher level of noise is damaging.
- Yoga mat and resistance band - Roll it out and stretch that body! Not reccommended for servce stations though, people will think you are actually mental.
- Fruit - Yes, always gonna keep some oranges in my bag. KEEP YOUR BOWELS MOVING PEOPLE. Tour constipation is a very real problem.
- CHOONS - good music for driving to
- Cool box - to keep fruit and other non choclate/chocolate items in (Thank artPACKT tour buddy Anna Mac for this one!)
- Flask - We are all tea junkies, we need tea/
- NEW ADDITION - Car charger Kettle - HOLY FUCK BALLS. Yes! This thing is gonna be like an IV tea injection.
- Books - Digital as there is no space for actually lovely papery ones. This is IF you get some me time. If. You might get a chapter in without falling asleep.
And pack some fucking optimism cos two weeks in everyone gets on your tits and you are swamped with tiredness. optimisim is key. I try to keep a diary on tour and start with the 3 things i am happy about.
That's it. Kinda boring, kind insightful, all in my bag. :)
Much love to you all! xxx
See you all on the road!! xxxx
Here are the dates:
31/3 The Chocolate Company, Oban, UK
1/4 House Gig, Edinburgh, UK
2/4 House Gig, Glasgow, UK
3/4 Hotel Eilean Iarmain, Isle of Skye, UK
4/4 House Gig, Isle Of Skye, UK
6/4 The Royal Oak, Edinburgh
7/4 The Steamie, Glasgow, UK
8/4 House Gig, Sheffield, UK
9/4 House Gig, Coventry, UK
10/4 House Gig Swansea, UK
11/4 Mr Wolf's, Bristol, UK
14/4 The Wolfhound, Haarlem, NL
15/4 Home Of Art, Amsterdam, NL
16/4 House Gig, Ghent, BE
17/8 Heuvelzicht, Essen, BE
19/4 House Gig, The Hague, NL
20/4 House Gig, The Hague, NL
21/4 House Gig, Laatzen, GER
22/4 Karambolage, Dresden, GER
23/4 Jag deine Eltern nicht vom Hof, Regensburg, GER
24/4 Murphy’s Law, Regensburg,GER
26/4 Cafe Zentral, Amberg, GER
27/4 KaffeeKüche, Munich, GER
29/4 House Gig, London, UK
I hope you enjoy these posts! If you do then please check out my music here. All my music is free from my website however you can support my independent music further by donating to my solo project here. I am unbelievably grateful for any and all donations I receive!
Please connect with mover on Twitter, Facebook and You Tube where you can get the latest scoop on my music, gigs and general amazing banter. (Banter quality may vary)
And, as always, THANK YOU!